Job title : Project Manager (H/F)
Starting date : 01st October 2023 (or earlier)
Duration : 2 years
Location: Dar es Salaam /Tanzania
Language : English: fluent or native language / French: fluent (or native language) will be appreciated
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The project will be organized through two main contracts:
- Gas compressor packages supply
- EPC contract
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Making sure that HSE standards and company’s rules are fully followed and respected by company’s contractor(s) and any subcontractors,
- Making sure that all the objectives of the project are met, and more particularly that the project will be carried out within a schedule,
- Maintaining planning, coordination, and financial control of the project and making sure the quality standards are met,
- Standing up for company’s point of view in meetings with contractor(s),
- Monitoring contractors and subcontractors to ensure guidelines are maintained,
- Organizing work supervision on site and managing supervisors (at minimum: 2 work supervisors working on a rotational basis 4/4).
- Train the Tanzanian project team by mentoring and coaching position
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The company is an oil and gas exploration and production company listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris. In Tanzania, they operate the Mnazi Bay gas field in the south of the country, close to the Mozambican border. The produced gas feeds the National Natural Gas Infrastructure that connects the two main gas fields of the country (Songo-Songo operated by Panafrican Energy, and Mnazi Bay) to Dar es Salaam, the economic capital of Tanzania.
Currently producing 110 mmscfd.
To cope with both increasing national gas demand and natural depletion of the field, the company intends to proceed with the installation of a new Gas Compressor Unit in existing facilities
of Mnazi Bay Gas Processing Facilities (GPF).
The compression unit will consist in of two Gas Compressor Packages (and all associated pieces of equipment and utilities network).
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
Good technical background:
- Ability to deal and take position on technical points without expert support
- Anticipate technical issues
- Knowledge of technical standards specific to the oil industry
- Expertise to identify areas for improvement in order to achieve the carbon reduction targets
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously under constraints
- Experience and detailed understanding of compression units.
- Familiar with EPC contracts.
- Rigour to manage EPC contractor, and any contractual issues that may occur.
- English: fluent or native language / French: fluent (or native language) will be appreciated
- Capacity, autonomy, and enthusiasm to work in a small team (staff at Dar offices is about 30 people).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Technical Engineer degree or equivalent (either process, piping, E/I, or mechanical).
- 10 working years (min.) as technical engineer
- +5 working years (min.) as project manager ideally within a midsize operator company or as account technical manager within a mid-size contractor.
Familiar with FIDIC forms of contract, and more particularly Silver Book.