Job title : Senior Umbilical Engineering
Starting date : ASAP
Duration : 12 months
Location: Paris/France (Worldwide missions to be forecasted due to spread of work packages and Contractors’ locations; frequent missions in Angola)
Language : English mandatory – Portuguese would be a plus
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The service holder shall ensure the following missions:
1. The service holder is in charge, within the SUBSEA team and under the responsibility of the SUBSEA Manager for all the activities related to the engineering, supply, procurement, manufacture, and fabrication of Umbilicals, and represents the Company technical authority for this discipline (Umbilicals).
2. He/she shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company H3SE requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications of these disciplines. He will review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries
3. The service holder will be the Contractor contact point for all matters related to the disciplines and subjects he/she oversees.
4. The service holder will participate in the management of disciplines-related engineering interfaces with other concerned disciplines/packages. He/she is responsible for monitoring the engineering of the disciplines and subjects he/she oversees. He will timely and actively liaise with other specialists of the SURF team to ensure consistency of the works.
5. To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
6. To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour regarding H3SE and to implement H3SE rules and requirements within his area of responsibility.
7. To ensure that safe working practices are used within the team along all phases of project
8. To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
9. To promote good enough approach and innovation for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
10. To identify, implement and manage all necessary engineering studies related to Umbilicals
11. To issue and maintain all the necessary technical documentation related to the disciplines
12. To review, during bid stage review and clarified bidder proposal
13. To supervise and control the detailed engineering by timely reviewing the disciplines-related documentation issued by Contractor (WPS / WPQR / technical documentation / queries / derogation requests…), to ensure compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures (when applicable), international norms and standards with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimise costs without impacting required level of Quality and Safety.
14. To raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues…
15. To define the qualification and test programmes (test protocols, implementation of results), and to analyse results, deciding on any changes or complement in the program
16. To participate to project reviews as requested by Company requirements (HAZOP, HAZID, PR…) and prepare or participate in Safety / Technical Audits for his/her disciplines
17. To liaise and interface actively with other SURF specialists regarding the disciplines-related matters and on all engineering, procurement, constructability, operability, and maintainability matters, to ensure consistency of the work.
18. To follow the supply and procurement done by the contractor; to participate of the definition of the QA/QC programme in coordination with the Umbilical Leader and QA/QC Leader; to participate to inspection as necessary at the various locations.
19. To assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites and participate to the resolution of any related-discipline problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to advice on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to his discipline. To participate to the resolution of any discipline-related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
20. To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the SURF Packages Leader (progress, concerns), and, as a general manner, anticipates problems, optimizes, improves, offers solutions with regards to his discipline.
21. To participate in the installation, tests, commissioning, and handover, assisting the Installation Team during all the Offshore phases of the works
22. To ensure confidentiality of all the disciplines-related documentation produced (whatever its support)
23. To gather, as requested, ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to the Engineering and Procurement Leader and other company entities as required.
24. The service holder will be the Contractor contact point for all matters related to the disciplines and subjects he oversees.
25. The service holder will participate in the management of disciplines-related engineering interfaces with other concerned disciplines/packages. He is responsible for monitoring the engineering of the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of. He will timely and actively liaise with other specialists of the Subsea team to ensure consistency of the works.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The FPSO is sited offshore Angola, off the coast of Cabinda in the Gulf of Guinea. It has been in production since 2006. The water depth in the area is about 1200m to 1500m and the development concept is based upon a subsea production system (SPS) connected with a riser system to the FPSO with facilities for process and accommodation.
The project consists of extending the life of actual facilities (FPSO and Subsea) by 10 years to 2036 and potentially by another 9 years to 2045 & a subsea development tie-back to the FPSO.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Qualification: Engineer or equivalent
– Languages: English mandatory – Portuguese would be a plus
– Professional Experience: 15 /20 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore Projects / Fields
– Experience within project: ± 10 years with sound engineering experience in flexible engineering / fabrication