Job title : Technical Safety Lead Sces
Starting date : 01/10/2023
Duration : 12 months
Location: FRANCE (Paris) / FEED & EPC contractor offices.
Language : fluent English mandatory. Arabic (spoken/written) and French (spoken) could be a plus.
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The service holder key mission is to assure Technical Safety Lead during FEED preparation and execution phase of the project.
Support the Engineer manager Ph2 during the FEED the detailed engineering phase. To ensure that all company requirements – as stated in the SOR, company technical safety specifications and requirements, and relevant international standards – are adhered to at all times during the project.-To oversee, review and where applicable approve documents related to contractor safety engineering; and to-to participate in various safety reviews such as: HAZID, HAZOP, HIPS Committee, etc.-to participate to all Safety Studies and Risk Assessments for all Packages.
• Lead the definition of the safety engineering discipline FEED execution scope, applicable international norms and standards as well as Company rules and specifications.
• Participate to tender assessments, clarifications with bidder and other activities as related to the discipline.
• Contribute to the Safety Concept development at conceptual engineering phase, maintain updated at all time the Safety Concept with the latest engineering development.
• Continuously be involved in identification and technical discussions on AGUP interfaces.
• Provide overall guidance pertaining to safe work practices on Safety in design, risk analysis and hazard management within the project perimeter.
• Be responsible for the quality review of FEED documentation in safety discipline, but also other disciplines documents as applicable; verify that comments are returned without delay and with the required quality.
• Review and propose response to letters, technical queries, deviation requests for project management approval. Lead the exchanges with HQ experts in case of project derogation requests in safety discipline.
• Expedite Contractors to issue deliverables with the right quality level and as per the approved MDRs. Assess on regular basis the progress of Contractors deliverable by reviewing the MDRS for his disciplines.
• Ensure efficient preparation and performance of HAZOP / HAZID by CONTRACTOR, set-up of action list and close out process.
• Coordinate HQ Project Review preparation and manage responses to as applicable to safety discipline.
• Review and comment vendor documents that have been assigned to his team and assist package engineers in technical problem solving at all stage of work. Attend to vendors meeting as required.
• Cooperate with field operation representative / team.
• Organize for his discipline weekly coordination meetings with the CONTRACTOR(s).
• Report his team weekly activities performed and attend to coordination meetings.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The project is a project in Iraq. It includes sub projects: Common Seawater Supply Project (CSSP), Gas Midstream project (GMP) and Solar Power Plant (SSP) and Associated Gas Upstream Project (AGUP).
The electricity provided by the SPP will be reinjected in the grid, whereas the one generated by the GMP will be used by GMP and AGUP.
The project will be cost recovered by the AGUP oil production.
AGUP scope is the development of Ratawi oil field and interfaces with the 4 in 1 project.
It is the perimeter of the current job description.
It is a PSC with phased developments.
The project main challenges are:
• CAPEX is the main project driver,
• the tight schedule,
• interfaces with the other projects, notably GMP and AGUP phase 1 project
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Qualification: Engineer diploma, or equivalent
• Languages: fluent English (spoken/writing) mandatory. Arabic (spoken/written) and French (spoken) could be a plus.
• Professional Experience: minimum 15 years, with 5 years on similar position.
• Experience in middle & large scale onshore upstream projects in a Technical Safety engineer role. Working on Projects during FEED and EPC phase, 2-3 projects.