Job title : Electrical, Instrumentation & Telecoms Eng. Sces
Starting date : Asap
Duration : 12 months
Location: France (Paris area) or UK (London) depending on FEED Contractor location.
Language : English
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The service holder shall ensure the following missions;
• To take the responsibility, under the Engineering/Topside Manager’s, of part of the EIT (Electrical, Instrument and Telecom activities, as defined by his hierarchy
• To control FEED engineering by timely reviewing / validating the discipline-related documentation issued by the Contractors (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests…), in compliance with Project specifications and procedures, the company’s General Specifications and international norms and standards, with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimize costs without impacting the required level of Quality and Safety. Raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues.
• Supporting during tendering process
• Direct the FEED contractors to effective resolution of all interface matter related to EIT engineering
• Ensuring correct and timely information is provided by FEED contractors to other contractors
• Assisting in interface management with other packages
• Answering FEED Contractor technical queries as necessary
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
• Getting assistance from the company’s specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
• Coordinating with TEPA as necessary
• Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary
• Issuing reports and presentations as necessary
• Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary
• Liaising actively with all concerned technical specialists involved in the technical development / management of said contracts. The service holder shall also have to liaise actively with other Line Managers (HSE, QA ….) and with specialists from Project Services (planner, budget, and cost control) for the development / management of contracts.
• Performing the close-out of Contract(s) with respect to TEP Angola and Project procedures.
• Participating in reducing contractual risks associated with interfaces with other packages and highlighting potential risks occurring during the execution of the contract.
• Timely reporting to the management, assisting him, as required, in communication with Project Management, and highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
• To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies will be reviewed/updated, and that final design will comply with ALARP policy,
• To ensure that the design will comply with all HSE requirements,
• To attend safety inductions as required and adapt behavior to fully comply with office security, health and safety instruction,
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazard and surroundings,
• To participate to local programs or initiative to improve HSSE performance,
• To report to Management on any issue or observation and propose way of improvement.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The FPSO is sited offshore Angola, near the coast of Cabinda in the Gulf of Guinea. It has been in production since 2006.The water depth in the area is about 1200m to 1500m and the development concept is based upon a subsea production system (SPS) connected with a riser system to the FPSO with facilities for process and accommodation.
The extension project & Manganês consists of extending the life of the facilities (FPSO and Subsea) by 10 years to 2036 and potentially by another 9 years to 2045 & a subsea development tie-back to the FPSO.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Qualification: Engineer or equivalent
– Languages: English mandatory, Portuguese would be a plus
– Professional Experience: 15 /20 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore Projects / Fields
– Experience within project: ± 10 years with sound engineering experience in EIT engineering
– Base location Paris
– Worldwide missions to be forecasted due to spread of work-packages and Contractors’ locations; frequent missions in Angola