Job title : Rotating Equipment Senior Engineer (AGP)
Starting date : ASAP
Duration : 12 months
Location: FRANCE (Paris) / FEED & EPC contractor offices (2-3 weeks approx.).
Then Contractor office during project’s phase 2 FEED (UK or Middle East). Relocation after the detailed engineering in EPC offices.
Missions to Iraq to be considered.
Language : English mandatory
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
During the FEED and EPSCC Phase, the Service holder is in charge to:
• provide support and expertise and contribution with regards to his discipline
• provide support to, challenge the FEED Contractors in the value engineering exercise. Promote alternatives design to optimize cost, work and schedule
• Comment on time CONTRACTOR engineering deliverable and make sure that CONTRACT requirements will be met
• Expedite the CONTRACTOR to issue engineering deliverables with the right quality level and as per the approved MDR
• Assess and review on regular basis the progress of the CONTRACTOR’s engineering deliverable by reviewing the MDRS for his discipline
• Alert his hierarchy in case of CONTRACTOR under performance.
• Ensure that the engineering activities related to electrical matters are performed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
• Contextualized GS, with required level of quality, high HSE standards, with respect of the Project highly sensitive environment, and within the agreed time schedule and cost
• Assist the project management in Vendor selection
• Review and comment vendor documents that have been assigned to him and assist package engineers in technical problem solving at all stage of work. Attend to vendors meeting as required
• Review and propose response to TQs and deviation requests for project management approval
• Perform regular visit at the WORKSHOP and WORKSITE. Inform package engineer of any concerns that might jeopardize the quality, the cost or the project schedule
• Support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers and ensure timely implementation of the findings in his discipline,
• Manage punch-list (from reviews or meetings) clearance that he has been assigned
• Ensure his work is performed is consistent with other disciplines
• Provide support to the commissioning team in development and resolution of technical findings
• Cooperate with field operation representative and make sure correct hand-over can be performed
• Organize for his discipline weekly coordination meetings with the CONTRACTOR
• Report weekly activities performed and attend to coordination meetings
• To adopt & demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE requirements.
• To provide a strong HSSE leadership and to define and ensure the effective implementation of the Project HSSE policy and commitment, by providing all necessary resources.
• To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and to promote and enforce the Corporate Anti-Corruption Program within the project team.
• Organization: To co-ordinate all the activities of the rotating equipment team by informing, supporting and directing personnel in their roles, responsibilities and objectives.
• Engineering follow-up: To control the Contractors’ performance in electrical discipline: timely delivery and review of Contractor’s engineering documents, studies and queries through an efficient technical coordination scheme with the Contractors
• Value Engineering: To promote and implement optimized design solutions to reduce cost and schedule.
• To ensure timely implementation of related audit findings
• Reporting: To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Engineering Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Professional Experience (years): >15 years in oil & gas projects
• Experience in similar position (years): 10 at same or equivalent position.
• Level / Diploma: Engineer or equivalent
• Language: English
The Service holder is accountable to:
• support the project’s Engineering manager to ensure work progress in the dedicated area of his/her discipline. Ensure that Contractors/Subcontractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts as per the execution Schedule.
• Supervise and coordinate the rotating engineering related activities performed by the FEED and EPSCCs Contractors (CPF-Wellpads Packages)
• Lead and manage the rotating engineering team, with focus on the successful and timely project execution
• The service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements and for ensuring that HSSE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibility.
• Actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared
• Create an environment in which a focus on value awareness is developed and constantly think in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
• Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do same