Job title : Electrical Senior Engineer (AGP)
Starting date : ASAP
Duration : 12 months
Location: FRANCE (Paris) / FEED & EPC contractor offices (2-3 weeks approx.).
Then Contractor office during project’s phase 2 FEED (UK or Middle East). Relocation after the detailed engineering in EPC offices.
Missions to Iraq to be considered.
Language : English mandatory
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
During the FEED and EPSCC Phase, the Service holder is in charge to:
• Provide support and expertise and contribution with regards to his discipline;
• Provide support to, challenge the FEED Contractors in the value engineering exercise.
• Promote alternatives design to optimize cost, work and schedule;
• Supervise the gap analysis performed by the Contractors while ensuring to capture the specific challenges related to applicability of standards in electricity discipline.
• Timely review and comment engineering documents and consolidate comments related to electrical deliverables; liaise with other engineering specialist(s), and entity (Operations,…) as required;
• Ensure that the engineering activities related to electrical matters are performed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, Contextualized GS, with required level of quality, high HSE standards, with respect of the Project highly sensitive environment, and within the agreed time schedule and cost;
• Prepare the derogation requests to GS EP ELE in ep-derog system, follow up the instruction by the Head Office experts to ensure timely answer;
• Promptly respond to engineering clarifications, request for deviations and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and proficient approach;
• Conduct studies leading to technical decision making and issue recommendation to Project Management;
• Provide support and expertise in his discipline for the definition and management of the Interfaces (with Drilling team, GMP and project’s ph1 projects) in close coordination with the Interface Manager and projects engineers;
• Follow-up project phase 1 electrical discipline development with a dedicated phase 1 electrical engineer;
• Assist the Procurement in the preparation of the documents for purchase, the bid evaluation and inspection;
• Support the QA/QC to obtain the required third party certifications in due time;
• Assist the Commissioning and Operations in the preparation of their activities (such as procedures,…).
• Support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers and ensure timely implementation of the findings in his discipline ;
• Ensure proper reporting, highlighting critical issues to the Engineering Manager and proposing remedial actions.
• The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviors with regard to HSSE rules & requirements and for ensuring that HSSE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibilities
• To adopt & demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE requirements
• To provide a strong HSSE leadership and to define and ensure the effective implementation of the Project HSSE policy and commitment, by providing all necessary resources
• To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and to promote and enforce the Corporate Anti-Corruption Program within the project team
• Engineering follow-up: To control the Contractors’ performance in electrical discipline: timely delivery and review of Contractor’s
• Engineering documents, studies and queries through an efficient technical coordination scheme with the Contractors
• Organization: to co-ordinate all the activities of the electrical team by informing, supporting and directing personnel in their roles responsibilities and objectives.
• Value Engineering: to promote and implement optimized design solutions to reduce cost and schedule.
• Engineering compliance: to ensure compliance of electrical engineering with the Project requirements and applicable standards.
• To issue and follow-up Derogations requests to GS-EP-EL
• To ensure timely implementation of related audit findings
• QA/QC: to ensure necessary actions are taken to obtain the required certifications of the electrical installations in due time.
• Reporting: to ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Engineering Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Education: Engineering degree or equivalent
• Experience: >10 years in same or equivalent position
• Languages: English
Advanced expertise is required:
• In Electrical in oil & gas project/industry specially for onshore fields.
• In project at all life-cycle stages of project development (FEED, Basic and Detailed Engineering, etc)
The Service holder is accountable to:
• supervise and coordinate the electricity engineering related activities performed by the FEED and EPSCCs Contractors (mainly for the CPF)
• Wellpads Package and Pipelines Packages)
• Lead and manage the electrical engineering team composed of electrical engineers, with focus on the successful and timely project execution
• The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE rules & requirements and for ensuring
• That HSSE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibility