Job title : QA QC Manager
Starting date : ASAP
Duration : 1 year
Location: FRANCE (Seine-et-Marne)
Language : French mandatory (English is aplus)
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
Key challenges for the Project Quality Control Manager role includes:
• The review of Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) together with engineering contractor, project specialist team for the follow-up of equipment and material fabrication and supply. The implementation of Quality Control in accordance with the approved ITPs Assurance across all project lots and contracts.
• Development or Review of Construction Quality Control Plans proposed by engineering companies in accordance with Quality Management Systems. The Construction Quality Control plans shall fully integrate the project execution strategies.
• Delivery of project final Quality Manuals and Documentation. QC Manager will be Responsible for: Quality Control activities that are to be performed on project during the detail Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up phase of the Project.
• Coordinates engineering companies to define the quality control plans for equipment / material / construction
• Coordinates project and engineering specialist, inspectors to ensure that quality control plan is followed
• Coordinates construction companies to validate which quality plan to apply during construction (engineering quality plan or contractor quality plan)
• Coordinates construction companies to ensure that selected quality plan is well followed
• Coordinates with project specialist that third party, NOBO are involved in the regulatory process Coordinates with the precom / com manager the handover between quality control and precom process.
The QC Manager will manage the performance of surveillance of contractors and suppliers to determine their conformance to job specifications, procurement, design and construction requirements. He will:
• Coordinate of the nonconformity and project quality deviation list
• Prepare the Project quality control, inspection, testing and certification plans,
• Manage a team of supervisor, inspectors with the support of the Discipline Leaders.
•Review and comment contractor Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, and Manufacturing/fabrication procedures and other Quality documents,
• Organize, plan, and supervise audits and inspection activities, including equipment FATs
• Provide specific direction of inspection and testing personnel in the performance of their duties
• Perform in some cases Fabrication Inspections
• Advise the Project/Construction management of construction work activities when inadequate controls are in place to ensure compliance with the project design requirements
• Controls nonconforming work activities through the implementation of the nonconformance control procedure.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The project consists in the transformation of an actual refinery into zero carbon facility.
Quality Control Manager ensures the quality of the equipment, material and installation is performed in accordance with the Project Specifications and European, French regulations and rules. The Quality Control manager is accountable for delivering final quality documentation in accordance with these requirements.
Position could require international travel for fabrication verification, engineering meetings but position is mainly at the platform for the Construction phase.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualification & experience required Execution/training:
• Project Quality Control (or equivalent background experience)
• Familiar with European and French rules and regulations
•Fabrication and/or Inspection of equipment and materials from within Refinery and/or Petrochemical industry
• Technical knowledge and experience of welding controls and quality documentation (PED, NoBo etc.)
• Analytical, rigors with the ability to adapt to changing constraints
• Good time management, able to priorities the tasks. Actively engages and respects contributions of others, in face to face or virtual meetings
• Actively seeks out know-how and best practice, related to own area of contribution
• Fluent written and spoken English