Job title: Cost Controller Lead
Sector: Oil & Gas
Starting date: March / April 2024
Duration: One Year
Language: Fluent English required. Portuguese language skills will assist performance
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
This position exists up to the completion of the development phase including Project close-out. The project management and central controls teams will be based in Paris and the package teams will primarily be based in engineering and site locations in Houston, Milan and Mozambique (Maputo & Afungi) during this phase. Subject to missions to Project locations as necessary. Cost Control for Technical packages budget perimeter is 3-10 G$. A Cost Controller Lead manages a team of 1 to 5 cost controllers.
• Participate in the budget preparation.
• Organize, co-ordinate and control all the activities of the Cost Control team by informing,
supporting, directing and training relevant personnel in their roles, responsibilities and objectives.
• Give advice and propose improvements with regards to the Cost coding structure already developed.
• Ensure right implementation and propose improvements of Project and Corporate procedures, means and tools in order to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the Project Cost Control activities.
• Participate (from Cost Control point of view) in the preparation / consolidation and review of the various Project budgets and updates (internal and external / Annual and Multiyear) with inputs from the members of the Project Team and provide “ad hoc” economics support as required.
• Provide the necessary checks, approval functions for invoices submitted, in accordance with Contracts, Project & Company procedures, Sarbanes & Oxley requirements and DoA.
• Provide input into the SAP UNISOL System, regarding payment schedules (cash calls), invoicing and cost control issues as required.
• Prepare for issuance the necessary Project, Subsidiary and Partners / Shareholders /Concessionaire / Group cost information and data.
• Assist in the cost assessment of any contract variations and identify any Project cost trends, drifts,
variances data update and maintain the Project Final Cost Estimate, prepare the Monthly Cost Report with comments.
• Liaise actively with Finance Department for all matters related to cost and accounting as required (Commitments, invoice processing and payment, accruals, payment claims and disputes…)
• Ensure strict confidentiality of all the Budget and Cost documentation (whatever its support)
• To timely report to the Cost Control Manager, highlighting achieved progress and timely reporting
any area of concern or problem encountered; to assist and support him with all matters related to Cost Control.
• To gather ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to other the client entities as required. To participate in the enhancement of Cost Engineering profession and Project Cost Control expertise vis-à-vis the Company and the Subsidiary.
• Ensure RFS Full process administration
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
In September 2019, a few months after project FID, the client acquired Anadarko’s operating share (26.5%) of MozLNG Area 1 alongside several Partners from Japan, India and Thailand, and the Mozambiquan National Oil company, ENH. This is the first operated development of the client in Mozambique.
The position activities will be performed in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Management. The job holder will play an essential role in ensuring the project budgets are well forecasted and managed and that the project team is kept fully aware of the state of project budgets.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum Education: Engineer/bachelor’s degree in business management or similar
Minimum Experience: 5+ years of experience in major oil and gas project cost control
Required Skills /Certifications:
• Major Oil and Gas project developments knowledge and experience, with Partner and Government
• Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
• Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders (international teams,
vendors & subcontractors, affiliates, HQ, etc.)
• Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
• Knowledgeable and experienced with cost engineering principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Cost and Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management.
• Budget and Cost Control tools: SAP (UNISOL), U-Cost, Excel, PowerBI, Knowledge of the client’ rules/procedures