Job title: FPSO Naval Architecture Engineering Services
Sector: Oil & Gas
Starting date: 01 April 2024
Duration: 1.5 year minimum to 5 years after FPSO contracts award
Location: France / Paris – After Contract award end of 2024 to be defined
Language: English and French
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The service holder is in charge, within the FPSO team and under the responsibility of the FPSO Hull Leader, of activities related to Hull and Living Quarter structure, naval architecture, coating, and welding. Cover activities related to stability, hydrodynamic, inclining test, basin test, Hull, and Living Quarter weight follow-up.
The service holder adopts and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE, respect the Project HSE requirements, ensure application of HSE rules and is also accountable for respecting HSSE rules and ensuring their application within his scope of responsibility.
• The service holder will assist the FPSO Hull Leader in relationship with the Contractor for all the concerned disciplines and subjects.
• The service holder will take under consideration knowledge of international standard and norms, Company Rules, and Project referential & Procedures, etc. related to Contract and Procurement and their application to the GPI / Project.
• The service holder will ensure, during CLOA, detailed engineering, procurement, and construction phases that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the disciplines and subjects overseen are timely issued and fitted for purpose. Ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company HSSEQ requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications. Review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries. The service holder will be the Contractor contact point for all matters related to the disciplines and concerned subjects.
• The service holder will timely review the disciplines-related documentation issued by Contractor (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests…), in order to ensure compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures (when applicable), international norms and standards with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimize costs without impacting required level of Quality and Safety. Raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues…
• The service holder will participate to project reviews as requested by Company requirements (HAZOP, HAZID, SPOT, ODR, PTR…) and prepare or participate in Safety / Technical Audits for his/her discipline
• The service holder will liaise actively with the client Headquarter and Affiliate teams for any needed support, with all concerned technical specialists involved in the technical development / management.
• The service holder will participate in the follow-up of the procurement for the disciplines and concerned subjects. Timely and actively liaise with the Hull Procurement for procurement matters related to the disciplines and subjects.
• The service holder will ensure that contractual scope of work is duly and timely performed by Contractor(s). Ensures regular liaison with Contractor(s) with regards to disciplines-related matters. Participates to weekly and/or monthly coordination meetings with Contractor as appropriate. Ensures follow-up / review / validation of progress performed by Contractor(s) wrt his/her disciplines and analyses/reports drifts that could occur and propose remedial solution.
• The Service holder will participate in the management of discipline-related engineering interfaces with other concerned disciplines/packages. Monitor the engineering of the disciplines and subjects. Timely and actively liaise with other Hull Specialists and with Topsides and Mooring Specialists.
• The service holder will interface actively with other discipline engineers (Hull, Topsides, and mooring Specialists) and other package engineers as necessary on all engineering, procurement, constructability, operability, and maintainability matters, in order to ensure consistency of the work. The service holder will also maintain close liaison with FPSO Interface leader, with the other Package Engineers for the management of interfaces related to the discipline.
• The service holder will also participate in the follow-up of the Hull and Living Quarter construction on yard and coordinate activities of the Construction Superintendent for the disciplines and subjects. Remain, with regards to the disciplines and subjects, the correspondent for engineering and construction occurring problems, and for any advice to be given or technical deviation request to be analyzed and answered.
• The service holder will, in close coordination with Marine Area leader who is leading activities with the Classification Society and the Flag administration, anticipate issues related to compliance with rules and regulations. Service holder will also follow-up the implementation of the Flag rules, the Class rules and the IMO conventions, codes and rules applicable requirements regarding the Hull, the Living Quarter and the Turret.
• The service holder will ensure adequate and timely reporting to the FPSO Hull Leader (progress, concerns), and, as a general manner, anticipates problems, potential optimizations, or improvements and proposes solutions with regards to his/her discipline.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The activity takes place in the context of the pre-FID phase of a major project in Suriname a land of opportunity, in affiliate being created and whose challenges and scope are currently being defined. The Suriname GPI is a multidisciplinary team that coordinates the development studies managed by the client on the Deep and Shallow Water discoveries of offshore Suriname Block 58.
The Suriname GPI / Project team will be developed with the objectives to maximize economical results by optimizing the reserves, the schedule, reducing the costs and the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission, while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualification: Naval Architect / Hull Structural Engineer
– Languages: English and French
– Professional Experience: At least 15 years
– Experience within project: At least 10 years
– Excel: Skillful