COMMISSIONING SUPERVISOR SUBSTATIONS – LEAD ISOLATION AUTHORITY
This role description is solely valid for the New European PDH project in Kallo, Belgium.
Commissioning Manager Electrical
Functional coordination of construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning teams in respect of (de-) energisation and isolation of electrical equipment of the new PDH project.
The scope of the position covers the coordination of the (de-) energisation and isolation of all electrical equipment during construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning works at site to ensure the works are completed on time and in a safe way.
As there are several parties involved such as the E&I contractor, E&I subcontractors, piping contractors, and as many of the installations will be in different statuses of construction, pre-commissioning or commissioning, detailed coordination is mandatory.
Essential part of this coordination is the management of isolation and safety procedures. The E&I commissioning supervisor/Lead Isolation Authority will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for this.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the final build within the substations and related loads
- Have a detailed knowledge of intermediate construction/precomm/comm statuses of all electrical equipment on-site.
- Act as the General Isolation Authority coordinating all preparation and coordination of safety permits and deenergisation and isolation operations of electrical equipment at site
- Participate to planning and coordination meetings in respect of the works in the substations and at site.
- Assistance in coordination of the local activities of construction, precommissioning and commissioning personnel
- Acting as a local SPOC in the substations towards the different Borealis departments such as engineering, construction, commissioning and maintenance.
- Transfer of operation, safe (de)energisation and isolation knowledge towards the maintenance and operations departments that will take over the installation.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of LoTo procedures and electrical safety.
- Issue near miss reports when appropriate
- Conduct observation tours throughout the construction, precommissioning and commissioning period.
- Clear understanding of LOTOTO processes
- Experience with permit handling
- Bachelor degree
- Have indepth knowledge of high voltage and low voltage systems.
- Large experience in operations of electrical systems
- Thorough worker with extensive organisational skills.
- Persuasive and strong personality
- Good communication skills.
- Mastering English language in detail
- Selfmotivated with ability to supervise and motivate a small team.
- High ethical standards
End: not yet defined, but probably till mid 2023 or longer