Job title: Electrical Specialist
Starting date: asap
Duration: 1 year
Location: Paris region
Working within a multi-project team the role is based at the Refinery. The role holder will be responsible to cover the Electrical speciality discipine of all Galaxie project areas. She /He will coordinate Electrical studies and Electrical erection works with an Electrical team in collaboration with the project managers. He will be responsible for ensuring detailed studies and Electrical erection quality assuring the successful handover to the commissioning team. She/ He will work closely with other members of the project team, platform integration team, EPC Contractors and main Works Contractors and Fabricators/suppliers. The role holder will also ensure that the HSE standard of each projects composing the Galaxie Project is followed in coherence to the applicable standards. She/He will also ensure that methods and resources synergies are maximized across the four projects. The role holder will be fully involved in all project phases from the FEED up to the start up of the plant. Together with Electrical specialist lead he will be the project referent in charged to train the project Electrical Team to the project working methodologies.
Coordinate together with the company’s Electrical specialist leader the project Electrical topics and give support to project Electrical specialist and supervisors by performing the following activities:
• Transversal management of the Electrical specialists, supervisors
• Reviews and defines the legal requirements and notify body involvement for each project phase
• Be the technical expert who will negotiate with the notify body in case of technical issues or specific request
• Integrate the notified body Electrical specialist in the Electrical team to improve quality control efficiency
• Reviews the gaps between the company RC specification and specifications which will be applied on each project and prepares the derogation form if required
• Ensure the link and the interfaces between Electrical and other disciplines
Provides technical support and control of Engineering Contractors in the design of the projects for all Electrical topics
• Verifies that the number and nature of resources required to manage Electrical specialty are following project needs and inform his management in case additional resources are required.
• Reviews, amends, validates with the Electrical team, deliverables produced by the FEED and EPC contractor in due time according to the coordination procedure.
• Controls that the engineering activities, construction works are aligned with forecasted schedule, and alerts Project management in case of slippage
• Support Purchase team by verification of scope, technical conditions, planning and budget of purchased electrical materials and services
• Organizes and coaches of Electrical project team and Electrical staffing in the overall project team
• Supports and provides guidance to site Electrical specialist personnel on Electrical topics
• Exchanges with corporate departments, authorities, contractors and partners on Electrical issues as required
• Ensures that Electrical specifications and documents (directives, rules, …) are properly understood and enforced
• Verifies that the construction QC file is well defined
• Ensures with the Electrical teams, the engineering contractor that purchasing and expediting of Electricals are executed following planning and project procedures.
• Ensures good quality and progress of construction for Electrical works
• Supports Construction Team activities with technical expertise in Electrical discipline
• Amends, agrees, or rejects all modifications of detail studies that would be proposed by engineer, construction contractors
During Precom /Com
• Ensures that all Electrical technical documentation is available to start the Precom/Com activities
• Support the Precom/Com team to prepare the Precom/Com activities
• Supports Preco/Com team for configuring the ICAPS database in the Electrical discipline in order to monitor all Precom/Com activities with enough screening and at the same time in a manner that is practically manageable.
• Support Electrical team with technical expertise to fix problems
• Ensure correct filing of as built documents
Accountable for the development of the project Electrical activities :
• Provide technical Electrical inputs and prepare HSE procedures , reviews during detail engineering, construction activities to ensure safe construction work with minimum impact on construction schedules.
• Support the Electrical team to develop Electrical expertise sharing with the different construction contractors which will be involved in the project.
• Verify with the project Electrical team that the Electrical specifications, procedures are strictly followed during construction by all people involved.
• Lead the Electrical expertise during studies and construction activities till validation of Ready For Start Up
• Ensure smooth Electrical transfer between end of construction to commissioning
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Advanced relevant work experience, preferable in the Refining and Petrochemicals industry project environment.
• Extensive Electrical experience (10 years minimum) on onshore facilities.
• Experience supervising or managing Electrical teams.
• Fluent level in French and English.
• Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement