Position: Platform UT/NDT supervisor
Sector: Oil and Gas
Duration: 12 months
Start date: October 2022
Location: Italy (Ravenna), Visit mission at SUBCTR yards.
Missions / Service dimensions
• Hierarchical relationship: QAQC Lead
• To provide a high degree of UT/NDT work to the construction and work teams of the Platform (Wellhead Platform with jacket, topsides and piles).
• To ensure UT/NDT quality by technical inspections and by performing UT Cross check.
• To ensure that UT/NDT jobs by CTR and SUBCTR are carried out in accordance with project specifications and standards.
• To achieve maximum technical benefit by ensuring international standards and project specifications are respected on plant facilities.
• To provide technical guidance to contractor and subcontractor work teams.
• To achieve and to make achieve to the personnel, contractors / subcontractors the HSE rules of Contractor and of the Company.
• To achieve the goals and annual aims of the Project.
• To participate in HSE audits and visits to construction sites.
• To ensure that the required technical competence in UT/NDT work is maintained by the qualified and specialized contractor and subcontractor staff at all levels.
• To provide mentoring for the development of welding & UT/NDT technical professionals.
• To review and monitor project constructions regarding UT/NDT activities to ensure compliance and to safeguard the technical integrity of the plant.
• To keep abreast of all standards and contract regulations as they affect the execution of UT/NDT on structures and piping works; and to participate in evaluation and analysis of problems and their resolution.
• To carry out regular inspections and audits on plant facilities to ensure optimal NDT conditions.
• To handle inspections of UT/NDT works and to provide advice to other inspectors regarding related problems.
• To collaborate in the implementation of the Quality policy of Contractor, assuring the Quality needed, helping to optimize the use of the destined resources, and assuring the fulfillment of the rules and technical general specifications of Contractor.
• To assure the fulfillment of the technical general and particular specifications incorporated in the contractual documents.
• B.Sc. in metallurgy or mechanical engineering, with at least 9 years’ solid working experience in NDT jobs in the oil and gas industry; knowledge of American, UK and EN standards; good experience with Oil and Gas GS procedures.
• Some internationally acknowledged levels: minimum Level II (ISO/PCN) in RT, UT, PT, MT and VT.
• NDT Welding and Piping experience with construction
• Good knowledge of welding and welding test practices.
• Willingness to provide technical and human support to his colleagues.
• Fluency in English and Italian