Project Controls Manager (Upstream)
Starting date: asap
Duration: 1 year renewable
Location: Paris (France)
Language Requirements: Fluent English required.Portuguese language skills will assist performance
N+1: Project Upstream Manager
This position exists up to the completion of the development phase including Project close-out. The project management and central controls teams will be based in Paris and the package teams will primarily be based in engineering and site locations in Houston, Milan and Mozambique (Maputo & Afungi) during this phase. The budget perimeter controlled is 10 billion dollars Life Of Project Cost, around 2 billion per year.
• Develop and support negotiation of contract exhibits for cost, schedule, milestone payments, progress payments, earned value measurement, change orders, and unit rates.
• Lead effort to determine schedule interfaces between multiple contractors and resolve schedule conflicts.
• Plan activities of the Project Controls Team to create and implement the appropriate work processes, practices, and procedures.
• Participate in the establish risk management protocols, procedures, and reports required for risk assessment and assess risk occurrence as it pertains to probability, budget and schedule impacts.
• Establish reporting criteria, content and format for monthly project status reports. Prepare monthly reports.
• Provide reports and analysis to internal and external customers on an as needed basis.
• Provide leadership for package document control team and activities.
• Review, monitor and analyze committed, expended, earned values, and forecasted costs for package against approved budget and approved changes
• To coordinate / consolidate and review the various Project budgets and updates (internal and external / Annual and Multiyear)
• Ensure preparation of cost reports; variances, incurred, committed, budgets, and forecasted costs are explained and communicated
• Ensure tracking of contingency and approved changes to project budget
• Monitor and analyze Project Schedules, integration, forecast Key Dates for package against approved baseline schedule and key dates
To coordinate / consolidate and review Project schedule and updates (internal and external / Annual and Multiyear)
• Participate in project digitalization to promote efficiencies, synergies, and simplification
• Promote a culture of safety, health, environment and Company Ethics The job holder will have to liaise actively with Project Management and related Package and Line Managers for the performance of the above duties.
The position activities will be performed in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Management. The job holder will play an essential role in ensuring the project budgets, schedule, and risk are well forecasted and managed and that the project team is kept fully aware of the state of project budgets, schedules, and risk.
Minimum Education: Engineer/Bachelor degree in Business management or similar
Minimum Experience: 10+ years of experience in major oil and gas project cost control
Required Skills /Certifications:
• Major Oil and Gas project developments knowledge and experience, with Partner and Government reporting interfaces
• Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
• Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders (international teams, vendors & subcontractors, affiliates, HQ, etc.)
• Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
• Knowledgeable and experienced with cost engineering principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Cost and Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with schedule and planning principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management.
• Budget and Cost Control tools : SAP (UNISOL), U-Cost, Excel, PowerBI
• Planning and Scheduling tools : Primavera P6, Acumen Fuse, Microsoft Project, Milestones Pro, Excel