Safety Engineering Support
Job title: Safety Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Paris / Engineering office (Paris La Défense)
Starting date: 2 May 2023
We are looking for safety engineering competencies in order to support different development studies and projects from preliminary up to FEED phase (included). The studies are made for internal clients such as EP (Exploration and Production), RC (Refinery & Chemicals), GRP (Gas & Renewables) and MS (Marketing and Services). They are coordinated by Customer Lines.
The position will be located within the Safety Engineering Department of the company.
The service will include the following missions:
For project phase before FEED :
1. Realize safety engineering studies for projects or developments studies, for preliminary, conceptual or pre-FEED phase of the project, in collaboration with other project discipline leaders.
2. The type of safety engineering studies to be performed are the following :
- Safety distances calculations (using PHAST software)
- HAZID, MUSE (Multi criteria Safety Evaluation), SIL assignment
- Safety Philosophy or Safety Concept, firewater calculation note, derogation request
- Support to the realization of : layouts, safety equipment layouts, ESD&EDP logic diagrams, SIL assessment, ATEX documentation, TRA, QRA, FERA, HIPS dossier, …
3. Ensure that all Safety engineering requirements from applicable referential are well applied in the design of the project.
4. Prepare the safety engineering documents for Project Reviews and Quality Review of the project.
For project FEED phase :
– Safety Engineering FEED Contractors related activities supervision and coordination.
– Follow up progress and guidance to the contractor.
– In cooperation with other disciplines, ensure that Basis of Design, methodologies and safety studies objectives are properly defined.
– Ensuring that the FEED complies with Safety engineering referential and requirements.
– When required, perform simulations with PHAST
– Participate in the control of quality of all Safety related deliverables issued by Contractors (review/comment of Contractors issued documents).
– Derogation requests coordination to the project referential, in a timely manner and with due consideration to safety, operability, cost and schedule.
– Technical papers preparation to support management position for clarifications/ decisions with regulatory authorities of host countries, other entities or partners.
– Ensure safety engineering related documentation for Project Reviews are produced in a timely manner and in line with safety engineering referential requirements.
– Participate actively as required to safety related reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, PR …).
– Contributing to Quality Reviews, Projects Reviews and, whenever necessary presentation of results to the team or to the partners.
– The deliverables are the ones mentioned in the RSPB (Resources Planning Budget Plan) defined at the beginning of each study, usually corresponding to : Safety concept, MUSE report, HAZID report, HAZAN report, Firewater calculation note…
– Final report (by default)
- The language of the service is English, French is a plus
- Expertise in safety engineering international referential knowledge
- Expertise in accidental consequence calculation with PHAST software
- Advance Expertise in studies and execution phases of oil & gas projects, especially linked to Safety engineering
- Expertise in HAZID lead
- Expertise in coordinating and supervising the activities related to safety engineering within a project team